Bringing together early career scientists, data artists and science editors
A post-graduate science camp
Cumberland Lodge, Windsor Great Park, Berkshire SL4 2HP, UK
27th – 30th August 2013
The Complex Nanophotonics Science Camp intends to bring together a generation of early career scientists (strictly <10 years from Ph.D.) working in this exciting research area, at the boundaries between nanophotonics, biophotonics and complexity science. The ESF and EPSRC sponsored event "Complex Nanophotonics Science Camp" will take place near London (UK) from 27-30th of August 2013, an unconventional gathering (there's a reason we called it a 'camp' and not a conference) in an exceptional setting: Cumberland Lodge (a royal mansion built in 1647, in the middle of Windsor Park). Original contributions are solicited in research areas related to nanophotonics, including but not limited to the following:
- Bio-sensing and imaging in complex media
- Nano-optics of complex media
- Quantum-optics of complex systems
- Complex photonic materials
Keynote speakers will be:
- Aristide Dogariu (CREOL, The College of Optics and Photonics, University of Central Florida)
- Niek van Hulst (ICFO, The Institute of Photonic Science)
- Stefania Residori (Institut Non Lineaire de Nice - INLN - CNRS)
The evening debates will focus on open access, big data visualization for science, science communication and social media tools for scientists.
Registration fees are kept at £300 thanks to a generous sponsorship of EPSRC and ESF. This fee includes accommodation and meals at the location; some travel bursaries are available.